Overview Of Skin Problems In Children
Your skin is your body’s largest organ. It covers and protects your body. Skin problems in children are common.
- Holds body fluids in, preventing dehydration
- Keeps harmful microbes out, preventing infections
- Helps you feel things like heat, cold, and pain
- Keeps your body temperature even
- Makes vitamin D when the sun shines on it
Anything that irritates, clogs, or inflames your skin can cause symptoms such as redness, swelling, burning, and itching. Allergies, irritants, your genetic makeup, and certain diseases and immune system problems can cause rashes, hives, and other skin problems. Many skin problems, such as acne, also affect your appearance.
Commonly Associated With
Cutaneous disorders, Dermatologic disorders