Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate. The effectiveness ratings for RASPBERRY KETONE are as follows:
Insufficient evidence to rate effectiveness for…
- Patchy hair loss (alopecia areata). Early research shows that applying a solution to the scalp might increase hair growth in people with patchy hair loss.
- Male pattern baldness (androgenic alopecia). Early research shows that applying a raspberry ketone solution to the scalp might increase hair growth in people with male pattern baldness
- Obesity. Early research suggests that taking raspberry ketone plus vitamin C might decrease weight and body fat in healthy people. Other research suggests that taking a specific product (Prograde Metabolism, Ultimate Wellness Systems) containing raspberry ketone (Razberi K, Integrity Nutraceuticals) and other ingredients twice daily for 8 weeks reduces body weight, body fat, and waist and hip measurements when used with dieting, compared to dieting alone in overweight people. The effects of taking it alone are not clear.
- Other conditions.
More evidence is needed for these uses.
Side Effects Of Raspberry Ketone
Warnings & Precautions
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding: There isn’t enough reliable information to know if it is safe to use when pregnant or breast-feeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid use.
- Diabetes: Raspberry ketone might affect blood sugar levels. In theory, it might make it more difficult to control blood sugar in people taking medicines for diabetes.
Dosage Of Raspberry Ketone
The appropriate dose depends on several factors such as the user’s age, health, and several other conditions. At this time there is not enough scientific information to determine an appropriate range of doses for raspberry ketone. Keep in mind that natural products are not always necessarily safe and dosages can be important. Be sure to follow relevant directions on product labels and consult your pharmacist or physician or other healthcare professional before using.
Consult your doctor or pharmacist.
All information has been provided courtesy of MedLinePlus from the National Library of Medicine and from the FDA.